Community Advisory Council
Apply to the DET OHT Community Advisory Council
Do you live or receive services in Downtown East Toronto? Are you interested in making a difference in how the community receives and accesses care? If so, we would like to hear from you!
Our work with our community is based on the following principles:
- Client and Family Centered Care – Patients, families, caregivers and the communities we serve are at the forefront of our decisions. Our Patient Client Caregiver Declaration of Values underlines this commitment and serves as the foundation for the services we provide.
- Health Equity – Health Equity and a population health approach are embedded in all aspects of our work in order to prioritize support to individuals and communities who are most in need of our services.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – We recognize and acknowledge inequity and are intentional to ensure that our policies, objectives and initiatives are built on the principles and lens of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Collaboration – Transparent and meaningful collaboration with all OHT members are vital components to healthy partnerships. We recognize that each of our members brings value, wisdom, knowledge and experience to our OHT work which allows us to work respectfully together and appreciate each member’s contribution towards our end goals.
- Quality Improvement – Building on our successes and challenges, we are open to continuous learning and embody evidence-informed and continuing learning principles to guide our decisions and improve the work we do together.
- Responsive Leadership – Iterative and generative leadership leads to responsive leadership. It helps us to be active on the issues that impact the communities we serve and holds us accountable for those actions.
The DET OHT is looking for Community Members to help us improve the health of the community.
Members are volunteers who share their experience with the healthcare system as a patient/family member/caregiver during ongoing opportunities, such as working groups, advisory group or one-time opportunities, such as surveys or focus groups.
Help us make a difference in how the community receives and accesses care!
*The DET OHT values community involvement in our work. We have a recognition framework to honor the contributions of our patients, clients, family members/caregivers and community members.
Community Advisory Council (CAC)
The Community Advisory Council (CAC) meets monthly to share their experiences as patients/clients/family members/caregivers in Downtown East Toronto. The CAC reviews the DET OHT work, identifies priorities and provides input in the future direction of the DET OHT, as well as closely supports in co-designing and implementing its goals.
Meet the members of our CAC for 2021-2022