Ontario Health Teams
As part of Ontario’s health system transformation strategy, Ontario Health Teams (OHTs) have been envisioned as a new way of organizing and delivering care that is more connected to patients in their local communities. The aim is for various health care providers (including community services organizations, hospitals, primary care, and home and community care providers) to work as one coordinated team to make it easier for patients to navigate the system and transition between providers.
The OHT application process is being led by the member group. The members have a strong commitment to serving people in Downtown East Toronto. The members have a history of strong working relationships and collaboration. The Downtown East Toronto OHT builds on this foundation.
The MemBERs include:
- AIDS Committee of Toronto
- Casey House
- Centres d’Accueil Héritage
- COTA Health
- Covenant House
- Dixon Hall
- Family Physician Network
- Family Services Toronto
- Fife House
- Fred Victor
- Gerstein Crisis Centre
- Inner City FHT
- Inner City Health Associates
- Lived Experience Partners
- LOFT Community Services
- PACE Independent Living
- Progress Place
- Regent Park CHC
- Sherbourne Health
- Sound Times
- South Riverdale CHC
- St Michael’s Homes
- St Michael’s Hospital Academic FHT
- St. Jude Community Homes
- Street Haven at the Crossroads
- Street Health
- The Neighbourhood Group
- The Salvation Army
- Toronto HIV/AIDS Network (TNH)
- Toronto North Support Services
- Toronto People With AIDS Foundation
- Unity Health Toronto – St. Michael’s Hospital
- Women’s Health in Women’s Hands
- Young Street Mission
In partnership with patients/clients/people with lived experience, primary care providers, City of Toronto, Public Health and Toronto Central LHIN.
The principles governing the creation of the Downtown East Toronto Ontario Health Team are:
- We will keep patients, families, caregivers and the communities we serve at the forefront of any decisions we make.
- In the interest of health equity, we will prioritize services to communities with the most need.
- We will think of ourselves as part of the patient’s team –this will be our identity as we create the Downtown East Toronto Ontario Health Team (DET-OHT).
- We are committed to a leadership process that is engaged, inclusive and transparent, and committed to collaboration with all the partners of the Downtown East Toronto OHT.
- We will clearly define processes and ensure ongoing communications and feedback.
- We will collaborate with other OHTs through the development of the Downtown East Toronto OHT.
- We will build on what has been accomplished to date and embody evidence-informed and continuous learning principles.